Let’s say that it’s a beautiful, sunny day. Maybe you are trying to have your best summer ever and you are in the mood for a margarita. Maybe you have tequila on hand but you don’t necessarily have mixer on hand. Today, I want to show you how you can make a margarita without mixer at home.
Ingredients to Make a Margarita
- 2 oz Tequila
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 oz Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 Tbs Agave Nectar
- Salt (optional)
Directions for How to Make a Margarita Without Mixer
- Measure out tequila, lime juice, Cointreau (or triple sec), agave nectar and place into blender.
- Put a handful of ice into the blender with the other ingredients.
- Add a pinch of salt into the blender with the other ingredients.
- Blend everything up until it is the right consistency for a frozen margarita.
- If desired, rim the glass with salt.
- To do this, pour salt onto a plate, drag a lime slice along the rim of the glass and then dip the rim into the salt on the plate.
- Pour the frozen margarita mix into the glass
Enjoy your fresh made frozen margarita!
Frozen margaritas are a great, refreshing cocktail to enjoy during the hotter summer months. This version is great because all the ingredients are fresh and most tend to be on hand.
What really makes this margarita special is the addition of salt into the blender with all the other ingredients instead of just on the rim. This is also a great option because the taste of salt can be added without needing to be on the rim for those who don’t like a salt rimmed margarita.
If you have some sort of specialty salt, this cocktail would be the perfect option to add a dash to. I love to add this Citrus Ginger Sea Salt from Farm Candy into these margaritas to make them extra special.
I hope this inspires you to whip up your own fresh, homemade margarita without mixer or maybe another twist on a classic cocktail!
Latest posts by Elyse (see all)
- 7 Things to Be Grateful for Today - February 20, 2019
- Things to do on Valentine’s Day If You Don’t Have Someone Special to Celebrate With - February 14, 2019
- The 2 Apps You Must Have on Your Phone Before Traveling to Southeast Asia - December 17, 2018