What are your plans for today or for tonight? Are you dressing up? Or going trick-or-treating?
Did you get all your fun in over Halloweekend?
I feel like Halloween is a holiday about preparation: getting the perfect costume and makeup, buying the candy for trick-or-treaters, carving a jack-o-latern, making Halloween specific treats well ahead of time.
And then the day comes. Most of the celebrations on Halloween take place in the evening. And then, the next day it’s all over. November begins and it’s time for Halloween to be put away until next year.
But there is still plenty of time to celebrate Halloween tonight, even if you are at home waiting for trick-or-treaters.
Ideas For Celebrating Halloween at Home
- Bake a Halloween themed cookie
- Make a Halloween themed candle
- Cozy up with a good Halloween movie
- Read scary stories
- Concoct a Halloween themed cocktail
- Read about the history of Halloween
- Cook something that you’ve always wanted to try
- Decorate your home for fall
- Plan out your thanksgiving and holiday plans
- Go to bed early
However you decide to celebrate Halloween, have a safe and festive night!